About Me

My Photo
Bridget
A lovely female who's currently living in Mexico with her husband and son. She has acquired a turtle and cat while in the process.
View my complete profile

28 July 2008

To my second child...

Today has been a solemn day for me. Not many of you know but in December 2007 I had suffered miscarriage. And today marks the due date of our baby. I do feel sad of what could have been, but at the same time happy because I was at least able to cherish the small time I had with my with baby. I'll never understand the reasons for it happening but I'm grateful that the Lord allowed me to the opportunity to at least experience it.

As I go through this journey I've never expected my life to be this way. But I do believe that bigger and better things are coming. Many people tell me that the Lord is going to bless us like never before. It was hard hearing that before when things looked so grim. Now that I feel things are moving in a positive way it's something to look forward to.

Last night I was reading Aaron a story call Miss Rumphius. How one of her goals was to make the world more beautiful. Even Aaron said that it was a nice story and "could we plant flowers?". I replied that no matter where we live we will definitely plant flowers.

1 Comment:

Somebody said...

Awwe, I know how hard it is to deal with loss of this kind because I've had two miscarriages.

The 1st one was really traumatic. It was my 1st pregnancy and I was a week away from being 3 months. One day I started spotting and I went to the hospital. The ultrasound, they only had one, was in use by a woman who was eight months pregnant, had been injured in a motorcycle accident.

My thought was, why was she on a motorcycle and I was upset because I couldn't get my ultrasound. They sent me home and an hour later I was back.

They had to do an emergency D&C because I was bleeding so badly. I spent the next month crying a lot.

A doctor had told my parents, when I was a child, that it may be hard for me to carry due to my kidney problems; thus I thought I'd never have a baby.

Now I have three boys :)

Take care and stay focused, I haven't read about all of the immigration developments but I'm a readin'.

Take care,
~Lisa

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online