About Me

My Photo
Bridget
A lovely female who's currently living in Mexico with her husband and son. She has acquired a turtle and cat while in the process.
View my complete profile

25 July 2008

Is this blog ever going to be about something normal?

Wednesday morning I went to court for my husband possession of cannabis case and praise God we got it vacated... actually BETTER then vacated. The judged order it to be "annale"? I probably spelled it wrong, but its a Latin term that basically the case is abandoned.

The judge couldn't understand why CDJ was being difficult about this case. And my criminal attorney explained to the Judge that if we didn't get the decision amended to show that the case is closed my husband would not be allowed to complete his immigration process. The state's prosecutor said they had no problem with the motion to vacate. "We have no evidence, no witness, even the lab couldn't pull up any reports". So the judge said that he didn't want to this case to "deny him the chance to reenter the country. Motion sustained." And at this point I don't have to pay anything!

I will have to wait until the decision is entered into the system. Supposedly it's 3 days but in reality its 9 days. However, my criminal attorney said he would call the clerk and ask her to enter it as soon as possible. So I hope by today (Friday) I'll have the certified court disposition in my hands and off to Laurel (our immigration attorney)! As Laurel and I were talking we think we're going to have to postpone our wavier appointment. We still don't know how long the Consulate is going to take to make the decision about the gang thing. So we'll see. 1 hurdle down, 1 more to go!

In other news...The family camp was so much fun and we had a great tent that held up during the horrible rainfall we had last Saturday night. I'll post pictures as soon as my sister downloads them :)

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online