About Me

My Photo
Bridget
A lovely female who's currently living in Mexico with her husband and son. She has acquired a turtle and cat while in the process.
View my complete profile

09 July 2008

Update from Tuesday's 1st Appointment.

They are still trying to see if my husband is eligible for the I-601 (the pardon). Here's one of the problems. On one police report it says that my husband said he was a part of the Latin Kings. My husband denied it and said that when he was arrested there were two other guys that were part of the Latin Kings but he was not. There are no other court dispositions or police reports that state my husband's supposedly affiliation with the LK. Just this one police report. So they're reviewing it further to make sure that his can file the waiver.

The second thing they asked for was for my husband I-212 form. This form is needed because Eduardo had to leave to Mexico due to his order of deportation from a 1991 hearing. I didn't send because 1. I didn't remember and 2. now that I think about it is supposed to hand and hand with the I-601. So when my husband called me and told me that he had to go back on Thursday they wanted the I-212 AND the I-601 wavier packet! Blah!

I told my husband he needed to go back and ask again. Because how could they ask for the I-601 packet when we have the wavier appointment? Plus there's no way I could shell out the $580 for the wavier and $545 for I-212 Thursday! So he called me back and said that he could turn in the paperwork and the money at the wavier appointment. Here's my thought on why he's going to be eligible 1. God is good and He is on our side 2. The officer kept telling my husband "bring it to the wavier appointment"...why say that if there was a chance he wasn't going to be eligible?

So all panic aside and talking with my husband (and my friend Hilary) we figure this is a good thing. I mean this officer could have told him flat "No wavier ... see you in 10 years" but she didn't. So it's a good thing. On Thursday they'll tell him if he can file the waiver which I'm sure he can. Thanks for the prayers and the thoughts! We're still in the rat race!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online