About Me

My Photo
Bridget
A lovely female who's currently living in Mexico with her husband and son. She has acquired a turtle and cat while in the process.
View my complete profile

11 July 2008

Here's the update to Thursday's appointment...

It's been a whirlwind kind of week. Here's what's going on now. We still have the gang problem and now according to the immigration officer there is a 1993 possession of cannabis case that the Officer seems to believe is still open. When you look at the court disposition it says "Bond Forf - SOL". I got a letter from the Chicago City Clerk's office that gives an explanation of that acronym "SOL". Basically the case is dismissed and the State of Illinois has 90-120 days to reinstate the case. Well that was back in 1993 and obviously 90-120 days have passed!

Anyway we don't know what exactly is bothering the Consulate about this particular case. But I've got someone at the Clerk's office and my wonderful criminal attorney Leo who are helping me recall the file and asking that it be put on the court docket. So I'm hoping to appear before a Judge and we're going to ask him to vaca the case. Because that seems to be the only thing that's going to work.

What’s confusing is that they’re telling Eduardo to bring stuff to the wavier appointment in August. But when Eduardo asked if it means we can proceed to the second appointment they told him “no cuentas con ese sita” (don't count on that appointment). I think the bottom line is they said we have to mail them a letter that states the poss. of cannabis is closed and that THEY would inform us of when we can go back to the consulate.

We did a 3-way call with our immigration attorney and she's also confused. Both of us believe the wavier is still going to happen so we’re going to continue to prepare for it. So right now I'm waiting for a court date and Eduardo's old file to come from the "warehouse". I pray its going to be this week. There's so many obstacles and it's very difficult but it's not impossible. I feel that the consulate is looking for every reason to deny us the opportunity to file the wavier. As much much as they want to knock us down, we keep coming back and giving them everything they're asking for.

I have a playlist on my iPod call "Encouragement" and whenever I hear an encouraging song I add it to that list. Two songs that have helped me today have been: New Direction's "Peace" and Fred Hammond's "No Weapon"... which I thought was an appropriate song and verse for my family.

Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against you will prosper;
And every tongue that accuses you in judgment you will condemn
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
And their vindication is from Me," declares the LORD.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online