About Me

My Photo
Bridget
A lovely female who's currently living in Mexico with her husband and son. She has acquired a turtle and cat while in the process.
View my complete profile

06 July 2008

Cutting it close with Immigration....

So by some fluke I didn't get the DS-230 (the Beast of all forms) or the I-864 (the form that says I will support Eduardo .... $$$... for 10 years!) done and mailed off with enough time.

Anyway. In the past I sent immigration stuff to my cousin Sandra in El Paso (FedEx, Overnight ... even Saturday delivery). However on Thursday, when I tried to prepare the FedEx label it tells me Saturday delivery is not available to my cousin's address. So I said ok well I just overnight from the post office. BUT I wasn't sure if their overnight also included Saturdays to a PO BOX. Well it kinda of does, but it worked this.

If you overnight something with USPS they guarantee it will get there to the next day to their "facility" HOWEVER they have no control of when the workers at the actual post office will put it in the box. Also remember the post office closes early on Saturday. Yet another obstacle.

Well my cousin called me Saturday and said NOTHING arrived. ARGH!!! So it will probably get there Monday.... I just checked the Track and Confirm with USPS today and it says a notice was left in the box. I hope its there. If not I planned to email scanned copies of these forms to Eduardo and I hope that it flies with the immigration officer at his appointment. Seriously what else can I do if the package doesn't make it? Needless to say my husband was really ticked off and he asked me to get him the waiver packet 1 week before the appointment so he wasn't going through this mess again.

I said this time around I wasn't going to freak out. I'm just rolling through the punches at this point. By the way, my husband said that going to the psychologist was the biggest waste of his time. He even argued with the dr. because Eduardo said the dr. talked about nothing but about his previous drug use.

My husband told the doctor MANY times that he since he turned his life over to Jesus he has not done any drugs for 15 years! My husband said to the doctor why are they treating him like a drug addict when he clearly isn't one? Caramba I tell you my husband has taken a "no holds bar" kinda of attitude with immigration. I think he (and I) are tired of tippy toing around immigration... its like we're telling them "you have NO reason to deny us anything anymore". We sick of this process! Oh and they had him draw pictures... what the!?

Two days to go!

2 Comments:

Somebody said...

My fingers are crossed that everything will go smoothly for you guys, despite the episode with the mail :)

Good luck!

~Lisa

Amy G said...

Wow! So stressful! Many prayers coming from this end!!!

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online