About Me

My Photo
Bridget
A lovely female who's currently living in Mexico with her husband and son. She has acquired a turtle and cat while in the process.
View my complete profile

27 March 2008

What a way to unwind...

As some of you know I am an avid user of the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority). I enjoy my bus ride home because it’s just a nice time to unwind. You sit next to a complete stranger and yes there are times they occasionally smell but like anything in life you just roll with the punches. You have no obligation to talk to anyone. So I can sit on the bus either enjoying music or games on my iPod or reading a book. Lately I can’t do any of those things. I haven’t had a problem with any particular person on the bus because the problem is my bus driver.

I often wondered what would possess a person to become a bus driver for the CTA. There are so many things you have to consider. Do you want to deal with the aggravation of driving, dealing with unruly people and the occasional bus breakdown? If you can deal with that then you are ready to become a CTA bus driver. Don’t get me start on their personal safety. Anyway, for the past 3 days I have deal with Road Rage Regina (RRR for short and no I don’t think that’s her real name but I like the way the title flows). Many members of my family often comment on my road rage but there is no comparison to RRR. This driver will scream at fellow drivers, scream at those who board the bus and scream at those who exit the bus. I almost forgot…she’ll scream at the cyclists.

Seriously, I can’t deal with her. It doesn’t matter how loud you play your iPod or how far back you sit on the bus you just can’t tune her out! Wanna read a book? Forget it there’s no way. Yesterday was especially bad with Road Rage Regina and the Giggle Girls. There was a group of 4 girls (middle school age with a baby) who would giggle loudly anytime Road Rage Regina would cuss anything or anyone out. I probably had more stress in that 45 minute ride then I did all day at work.

So today I wanted to make it a point of avoiding that particular driver. However I don’t think that’s going to happen because the weather is TERRIBLE today. We have rain, snow and sleet so I would like to avoid waiting too long for the bus. So we’ll see how the ride home is today.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online