About Me

My Photo
Bridget
A lovely female who's currently living in Mexico with her husband and son. She has acquired a turtle and cat while in the process.
View my complete profile

26 March 2008

Some news is better then bad news...

So last Tuesday, I took a 1/2 day from work to head over to my state senator's office for a meeting. And the only reason for our meeting was to have the State Senator push my US Senator's office into getting information about Eduardo's case.

At the meeting I feel like I'm well prepared. I honestly didn't know what to expect to come from the meeting but nonetheless I was hopeful. Well throughout the meeting I just wanted to cut to the chase. Call Durbin's office and ask them to get information on the Eduardo's case because I haven't heard from Durbin's office in about 2.5 months. My State Senator (William Delgado) told me flat out that there wasn't anything he could do. Because immigration is on a Federal as a State Senator he couldn't do anything. Which is why I reiterated the point of my visit ... just call Durbin's office. Well as I was in the office (with my mom and Aaron in tot) State Senator Delgado did make the call.

The next day, I get a letter in the mail from US Senator Dick Durbin. Hooray! Do I believe it was because of my visit with State Senator Delgado? Probably not. Only because the letter came regular US mail and there was no way they would have responded to any inquiry from my State Senator. So back to the letter...the gist of it was that "the file is on the Reviewer's desk and about to be reviewed. You should hear about a decision shortly." So in the end I'm glad I heard something.

I made another call to the Department of State National Visa Center today and the case is still pending. Next call is to Ciudad Juarez.

3 Comments:

Amy G said...

Wow. I hope that letter is true and your answer is coming soon. I am so exhausted by this and it's just the beginning for me. You are admirable for still having strength to keep fighting for this. I wish I had that strength. :(

Bridget said...

Girl, thanks for much for the kind words. Believe me as you go through the process there will be days of sunshine.

Anonymous said...

Bridget keep up the great work you are doing with Aaron. He is a sweet,educated boy. I love when he says "I am sorry, I did'nt mean it". May the Lord keep blessing you with love,wisdom,peace and a lot of faith.

I agree with you, that a lot is asked for kdg. children to learn at this age, but children are like sponges, they absorb a lot. Aaron is learning very fast and he loves doing all kind of work. (Spanish and English) God bless you, Luz

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online