About Me

My Photo
Bridget
A lovely female who's currently living in Mexico with her husband and son. She has acquired a turtle and cat while in the process.
View my complete profile

08 August 2008

Reality Time Already?

How do you explain to 6-year-old why kids exclude him from playing with them? It burns me to no end when children to it. There's no real logic trying to figure this out yet it happens. Can kids be that malicious towards one another? This I can expect from random kids you don't know but this happens within my own family too. Terrible huh? As much as I want to say to my son "nope you're not going to play with so and so and you're staying inside with me!" he won't understand that. Especially when he can hear the kids outside hooting and hollering and he's not allowed to have the same fun. In the end I'm being a bad mom (to Aaron at least!)

As much as we try to protect our children my brother Danny said something interesting to me. He said we can't always be there to protect our kids and sometimes we have to allow these experiences to happen. By doing this it gives our children a (sad) dose of reality. The reality to know that not everyone is nice, not everyone is polite no matter what you do (or don't). Someone is not going to be happy you're around. Its the same for kids as it is for adults.

But I continue to raise my child I only hope that he is self-confident and self assured. That's my prayer for him everyday. Protection and self-confidence. Ranting and raving about bratty kids isn't going to get me anywhere. But just talking to my son and explaining realities of life might be the only thing that will work. The world is a beautiful place with wonderful people in it. You just have to weed through the bad one to find the good ones.

In other news: I finally got all the documents I need for Eduardo's stuff. I would have gotten it earlier, but on Wednesday when I was at the Daley Center we had to evacuate because of a bomb threat. I was telling my husband I felt the chills all over my body. I wanted to get out of the building and out of the area as soon as possible!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online