About Me

My Photo
Bridget
A lovely female who's currently living in Mexico with her husband and son. She has acquired a turtle and cat while in the process.
View my complete profile

04 August 2008

Money, Money, Money...

Well I took out a loan on my 401k versus cashing it out to pay for the immigration stuff, lawyers etc. Anyway the payments were going to be deducted automatically from my paycheck starting at the end of June. But I noticed it hadn't happened. When I questioned the finance person about it he said that it wasn't going to happen right away but soon... ok no biggie...

When I called him on it again early last week I mentioned that I still hadn't seen the deductions. He called back and left me a VM telling me that he made the mistake of not paying the loan and now I'm behind 3 payments totaling over $900! So for the next 3 paychecks I have to make double payments on this loan.... AND I go to mexico next saturday and guess what? I have FOUR unpaid days for that vacation! I nearly died because I asked him to tell me how much my checks where going to be and the one check (where I take my vacation) might be around $300.

I know the finance person felt really bad about the situation but sheesh... Things will be ok I'm not going to worry about (don't get me wrong I flipped out when it happened but I'm ok now). So I mentioned to my hubby that we probably shouldn't go to San Miguel de Allende and we should try to do some things on the cheaper side while I'm down there in Mexico City....

Aside from that the weekend weather was wonderful! We went to Lincoln Park Zoo and so much has changed. If Yoly and I ever figure out whats with our memory card reader maybe I can post some pictures... This morning a storm blew through early in the city. I've never see the sky get so dark at 7 am. My parents drove me to the express bus this morning so I made it completely dry.

I feel like I should be posting more about my bus adventures or bus musings... for example today its raining cats and dogs and I watched a woman close her umbrella and point it out in front of her as she paid the fare. However, since she was pointing it out in front of her she's practically stabbing the bus driver and getting him all wet!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online