About Me

My Photo
Bridget
A lovely female who's currently living in Mexico with her husband and son. She has acquired a turtle and cat while in the process.
View my complete profile

22 August 2008

One minor recap of my vacation...

Saturday Aaron and I headed to Mexico City to visit Eduardo again. At this moment (from an immigration standpoint) we've done the following. We had the possession of cannabis charge changed do show that the case is officially closed. I have some doubts because when I first saw a copy of the disposition I noticed that the "possession of cannabis" was not written out at all. Instead there was the number code but the area next to number was blank. I forwarded that to our immigration attorney and it caused some confusion with them as well. Either way the disposition and a letter was sent to the consulate. Here are just some of the highlights what happened after that.

I went to the Daley Center (in Chicago) to get two copies (sealed) for our attorney. As I was in there I noticed something odd was going on outside of the building. However, I made it through security and proceeded to the 10th floor. When I was being attended an announcement was made and we had to evacuate the building because there was a bomb threat. I have gotten the chills before but never throughout my whole body. So in the end my mission was not accomplished. I returned two days later and got two copies. But then I noticed that the area by the number code was now filled in. At this point in our immigration journey I now that I MUST have my ducks in a row. I thought because we had already sent a fax to the consulate with the "blank" court disposition the fact that it was now filled might cause a problem. It didn't so I was on my way.

So where are we at now? I hate to say it but we're just waiting at this point. (Have you noticed a reoccurring theme with my posts? It's all 'We're waiting, now we wait, we need to wait' wait wait and more wait) Honestly I don't know of anyone else who had learn patience but me with all this blasted waiting.

Ok so I'm on the plane as I type this and Aaron's had more soda in the past 3 hours then he has in 2 days. I was hoping he would nap ... ya right. Eduardo and I planned a trip to San Miguel de Allende but the funds are tight so we'll have to tour around Mexico City. I'm sure there's plenty that I haven't seen. Here's a list of things I forgot to pack:

1. Jackets (these planes are FREEZING)
2. Something to swim in (maybe I can borrow shorts from Eduardo hahaha!)
3. Conditioner
4. Nice shoes for church
5. A pin or scarf for my new dress
6. Flip flops for Aaron
7. Sunscreen
8. Something to pin my hair up
9. My Bible. I'm sure it's going to look great that the pastor's wife doesn't have her Bible.
10. iPod cable
11. A digital camera!

Here's a snapshot of me having a bad reaction of something I ate or the sun :(

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates 3 columns | Make Money Online